Code of Ethics
As a member of the Society of Professional Journalists, Engage Greater La Crosse abides by this abridged version of the organization's code of ethics.
Engage Greater La Crosse will:
- Take responsibility for the accuracy of their work.
- Gather, update and correct information throughout the life of a news story.
- Diligently seek subjects of news coverage to allow them to respond to criticism or allegations of wrongdoing.
- Provide access to source material when it is relevant and appropriate.
- Label advocacy, commentary, and sponsorship
- Realize that private people have a greater right to control information about themselves than public figures and others who seek power, influence, or attention. Weigh the consequences of publishing or broadcasting personal information.
- Respond quickly to questions about accuracy, clarity, and fairness.
- Acknowledge mistakes and correct them promptly and prominently. Explain corrections and clarifications carefully and clearly.